Minecraft Utensils Orientation

Minecraft Utensils Orientation
I have modelled the Minecraft Sword, Axe, Shovel and Pickaxe (from LDD data), but when looking at similar minifig utensils I see there is a great difference in orientation and origin.

I have placed the origin at the center of the handles: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6478371

Before I submit these, any changes I would need to do to orientation and origin? Perhaps rotate the sword, axe and pickaxe 90 degrees to match the current utensils?
RE: Minecraft Utensils Orientation
(2017-03-16, 16:16)Evert-Jan Boer Wrote: I have modelled the Minecraft Sword, Axe, Shovel and Pickaxe (from LDD data), but when looking at similar minifig utensils I see there is a great difference in orientation and origin.

I have placed the origin at the center of the handles: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6478371

Before I submit these, any changes I would need to do to orientation and origin? Perhaps rotate the sword, axe and pickaxe 90 degrees to match the current utensils?
Unfortunately you Brickshelf folder is not yet public. Maybe you should make a direct attachment to this forum (or provide deep links to Brickshelf files...)
(2017-03-16, 16:29)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 16:16)Evert-Jan Boer Wrote: I have modelled the Minecraft Sword, Axe, Shovel and Pickaxe (from LDD data), but when looking at similar minifig utensils I see there is a great difference in orientation and origin.

Unfortunately you Brickshelf folder is not yet public. Maybe you should make a direct attachment to this forum (or provide deep links to Brickshelf files...)

Or don't use Brickshelf at all  Wink
(2017-03-17, 8:04)Merlijn Wissink Wrote:
(2017-03-16, 16:29)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Unfortunately you Brickshelf folder is not yet public. Maybe you should make a direct attachment to this forum (or provide deep links to Brickshelf files...)

Or don't use Brickshelf at all  Wink

Attached the preview to the thread, still not public on brickshelf and forgot to direct link to the file...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As you suggested it would be better to turn them all 90° around vertical axis to match other Minifig accessories (at least most of them...). As for origin, middle of handle seems good to me for the sword, but I would set the other tools origins at the same height from the base so that they all be interchangeable, with grip at base of tool.
(2017-03-17, 11:31)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: As you suggested it would be better to turn them all 90° around vertical axis to match other Minifig accessories (at least most of them...). As for origin, middle of handle seems good to me for the sword, but I would set the other tools origins at the same height from the base so that they all be interchangeable, with grip at base of tool.

I fully agree to your suggestion of orientation!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »