Bending a U-Joint?

Bending a U-Joint?
Hello Everyone! 

I'm completely new to this whole thing.... and I'm running into an issue with how to bend the Universal Joint for my needs.

I'm using LDCad 1.5.

Any help with this issue (Because I know it's just something easy that I'm overlooking and I'll want to smack my head as soon as I figure it out!) would be greatly helped!! 

Thank you in Advance!

Chris McCoy
RE: Bending a U-Joint?
(2016-10-09, 0:34)Chris McCoy Wrote: I'm completely new to this whole thing.... and I'm running into an issue with how to bend the Universal Joint for my needs.

The universal joint is a static part in the official library to use it bend you must first split it into its 3 components by using the inline feature. This is done by selecting it followeld by a right click to open the selection menu -> 'reorganize' -> 'inline'

After that you can rotate the outer ends separately, when done don't forget to realign the middle part which can be done through part snapping.

Optionally you can also move the three parts into a submodel once it has the correct bend.
(2016-10-09, 17:56)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2016-10-09, 0:34)Chris McCoy Wrote: I'm completely new to this whole thing.... and I'm running into an issue with how to bend the Universal Joint for my needs.

The universal joint is a static part in the official library to use it bend you must first split it into its 3 components by using the inline feature. This is done by selecting it followeld by a right click to open the selection menu -> 'reorganize' -> 'inline'

After that you can rotate the outer ends separately, when done don't forget to realign the middle part which can be done through part snapping.

Optionally you can also move the three parts into a submodel once it has the correct bend.

Oooo!! Thank you Sir! I'll get working on that as soon as possible!
Note this only works (IMHO) with part 61903.
Inline does not work with 9244, 4240416
It does work with 575c02
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Quote:Inline does not work with 9244, 4240416
Inlining works only with parts of type "shortcut". 9244 and 4240416 are physical color aliases, you should use 3712c01 instead.
(2016-10-11, 13:37)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Inlining works only with parts of type "shortcut". 9244 and 4240416 are physical color aliases, you should use 3712c01 instead.

Yes 1l.5 will only inline shortcuts, 1.6 will also inline ' physical color' (or any other part existing only out of non scaled reference lines).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »