Selecting multiple parts in LDCad

Selecting multiple parts in LDCad
Hi Guys,

I have a question (maybe it's a very dumb question...) concerning selection of multiple parts (to move or rotate etc.) in LDCad.

I'm used to working with a selection window (for example in Acad) to select all the parts I need to edit.
But I can't seem to find how this works in LDCad.

I think there has to be a smarter way to do this other then selecting each part individually (with CTRL).

Can anybody give me a tip?

Thanx!
RE: Selecting multiple parts in LDCad
You can select multiple parts by selecting them using CTRL, or selecting multiple parts in the 'Source View' (there you can also use SHIFT to select a whole 'block' aside from CTRL, just like in most other text editors).
There are also multiple selection options in the top menu under 'Select'.

If you're looking for a way to select parts by dragging a square: that isn't available in 1.5.
I believe it is available (or at least a first version of it) in the 1.6 alpha version.
(2016-08-30, 11:20)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: I believe it is available (or at least a first version of it) in the 1.6 alpha version.

That is correct. In 1.6 alpha, CTRL + right mouse click and dragging the mouse gives you the ability to easily select multiple parts. Although 1.6 has an "alpha" designation, I've found it very stable and usable, so don't be put off by it being designated as an alpha release.

Regards,

David
(2016-08-30, 12:01)David Manley Wrote:
(2016-08-30, 11:20)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: I believe it is available (or at least a first version of it) in the 1.6 alpha version.

That is correct. In 1.6 alpha, CTRL + right mouse click and dragging the mouse gives you the ability to easily select multiple parts. Although 1.6 has an "alpha" designation, I've found it very stable and usable, so don't be put off by it being designated as an alpha release.

Regards,

David

Thanx guys, I'll give it a try in both 1.5 en 1.6!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »