Sticker size

Sticker size
Looks like I've missed some discussions! How do we measure a sticker to get the right A x B figures for the description ... LDU, mm?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: Sticker size
In my list of good thing to remember I have this:

Sticker
0 // Nomenclature: Sticker Z x X [qualifier]
measured in bricks, were 20ldu = 1, rounded to one decimal.
( if z=47ldu, x=40ldu, then name is  "Sticker  2.4 x  2 ..." )

/
Magnus
Thanks Magnus,

where does this information come from? Cannot find anything related among the specs.

So a z=108 LDU x x=72 LDU Sticker would be "Sticker  5.4 x  3.6 with ..."

w.
LEGO ergo sum
All the size units in other part names are stud sizes, aren't they? I don't have a problem with explicitly adding that to the spec (along with the "rounded to one decimal place"), but it seems like any time size is given in a part title, it's expected to be a stud count.
(2016-08-17, 4:12)Travis Cobbs Wrote: All the size units in other part names are stud sizes, aren't they? I don't have a problem with explicitly adding that to the spec (along with the "rounded to one decimal place"), but it seems like any time size is given in a part title, it's expected to be a stud count.

Nonetheless I'd like to have it added to:

http://www.ldraw.org/article/339.html

"The description of the part ..."

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2016-08-17, 11:28)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(2016-08-17, 4:12)Travis Cobbs Wrote: All the size units in other part names are stud sizes, aren't they? I don't have a problem with explicitly adding that to the spec (along with the "rounded to one decimal place"), but it seems like any time size is given in a part title, it's expected to be a stud count.

Nonetheless I'd like to have it added to:

http://www.ldraw.org/article/339.html

"The description of the part ..."

w.

OK - I suggest adding another bullet point in second place to read:
  • Dimensions should be specified in studs (where 1 stud = 20LDraw units), rounded to one decimal place, as [z-dimension] x [x-dimension].
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
(2016-08-16, 23:11)Willy Tschager Wrote: where does this information come from? Cannot find anything related among the specs.

It might look very "official", but that's only because I wrote it like that. Smile
I'm also missing this in the specs.

(2016-08-17, 4:12)Travis Cobbs Wrote: All the size units in other part names are stud sizes, aren't they?

Yes.
1 stud = 1 brick = 20 ldu
I would say this is the correct way to describe the dimensions of a sticker.

(2016-08-17, 15:39)Chris Dee Wrote: OK - I suggest adding another bullet point in second place to read:
  • Dimensions should be specified in studs (where 1 stud = 20LDraw units), rounded to one decimal place, as [z-dimension] x [x-dimension].

Yes, please, do that.
(2016-08-17, 16:08)Magnus Forsberg Wrote:
(2016-08-16, 23:11)Willy Tschager Wrote: where does this information come from? Cannot find anything related among the specs.

It might look very "official", but that's only because I wrote it like that. Smile
I'm also missing this in the specs.

(2016-08-17, 4:12)Travis Cobbs Wrote: All the size units in other part names are stud sizes, aren't they?

Yes.
1 stud = 1 brick = 20 ldu
I would say this is the correct way to describe the dimensions of a sticker.

(2016-08-17, 15:39)Chris Dee Wrote: OK - I suggest adding another bullet point in second place to read:

Yes, please, do that.

Done.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »