Stud.io Editor by Bricklink

Stud.io Editor by Bricklink
Have you come along this page on BL:

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/article_view.page?id=1009

Do you know on what library it is based on?
RE: Stud.io Editor by Bricklink
(2016-10-29, 23:15)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Have you come along this page on BL:

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/article_view.page?id=1009

Do you know on what library it is based on?

Looks like a derivative of MECABRICKS.

Mecabricks does not use the LDraw library. I believe its using a proprietary library which is better suited for rendering than LDraw but much smaller than LDraw's because its updated mainly by the owner Nicolas 'SCRUBS' Jarraud.
At first I thought so as well, but MECABRICKs is, afaik, purely an online editor. The description of this reads like it is offline, i.e. a desktop application.

And I don't know if a limited library would make sense for BL.

Is there a way to compare the libraries of MB and LDraw in terms of part?
Stud.io and Mecabricks are not supposed to have anything in common. They did not get in touch with me. Their previous project MOC Builder was using the ldraw part library if i remember correctly.
(2016-10-31, 10:36)Nicolas Wrote: Stud.io and Mecabricks are not supposed to have anything in common. They did not get in touch with me. Their previous project MOC Builder was using the ldraw part library if i remember correctly.

Thanks for this first hand information.

BTW, I did not get a download link yet.
Did anyone on this forum Download Stud.io for Windows and can describe how it is look from the LDraw site ?!!
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
(2016-12-15, 11:37)Jarema Wrote: Did anyone on this forum Download Stud.io for Windows and can describe how it is look from the LDraw site ?!!

I (very) briefly used the closed beta version a couple of weeks ago. But, what exactly do you mean with your question, I don't get it?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »