Sticker primitives

Sticker primitives
Hi all.

Following the changes in the Sticker Specs discussed in this thread we now need to deside how to change the round 3D primitives without conditional lines. Most of them are now obsolete.

Currently available primitives - without conditional lines :
Regular resolution (n-fcyli2) : 3-16, 1-4, 5-16, 2-4, 3-8, 4-4
High resolution (n-fcyli2) : 1-4, 2-4, 5-8, 4-4

Currently available primitives - without conditional lines:
Regular resolution (n-fcylc2) : 1-4, 4-4
High resolution (n-fcylc2) : 4-4

Should all of these simply become Move to-files?
Or should we add condlines to all of them?

nb.
The info on the prim ref page is not correct. There is no 48\5-8cyli2.dat
RE: Sticker primitives
(2016-07-02, 20:37)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: The info on the prim ref page is not correct. There is no 48\5-8cyli2.dat

Now corrected.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
I don't think we should change existing primitives, although the cyli2 and cylc2 series have little (or no) purpose now, so maybe should be obsoleted.

I would prefer to update the sticker part files to use the correct cyli and cylc versions. I am happy to do that.
(2016-07-03, 6:09)Chris Dee Wrote: I don't think we should change existing primitives, although the cyli2 and cylc2 series have little (or no) purpose now, so maybe should be obsoleted.

I would prefer to update the sticker part files to use the correct cyli and cylc versions. I am happy to do that.

Are you saying that you yourself will update all the stickers?

I can find one file that uses a cyli2-prim somewhat unconventional.
The prim ballsocketr2.dat is using a 2-4cyli2 to avoid cond-lines from appearing too early. A very neat trick. I like that.
However, I have Hold-voted that prim, and it is obsolete now, since I have reworked the only part using ballsocketr2.dat.

Note also that we need to keep the cylc2-primitives. The regular cylc-prims can not be used in a sticker since they create edge-lines.

I like to suggest that we make all the cyli2 obsolete, but keep the cylc2.
All the cylc2 primitives should be updated to use a regular cyli instead.
(2016-07-04, 16:23)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Are you saying that you yourself will update all the stickers?
Yes, those that use the cyli2 and cylc2 primitives - although they will need to go through review. I'm not happy Fast-tracking such updates.
(2016-07-05, 5:21)Chris Dee Wrote:
(2016-07-04, 16:23)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Are you saying that you yourself will update all the stickers?
Yes, those that use the cyli2 and cylc2 primitives - although they will need to go through review. I'm not happy Fast-tracking such updates.

Official sticker parts that use cyli2 or cylc2 have now been updated and submitted.

Three unofficial files (4521664a.dat, 6112596b.dat and s/194325a2.dat) still need adjusting.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »