AIOI and 64 bit programs

AIOI and 64 bit programs
I have a question / discussion point regarding 64 bit programs and the AIOI.

I noticed (far as i know) the AIOI only uses the program files (x86) folder to install programs. Is this also true for 64 bit programs or are there currently none?

I'm thinking about this as LDCad 1.6 will be available in a 64 bit windows version  (upgraded to a minGW64 that finally supports the native windows threading model) and I'm considering the setup options for this change.

The main goal here is to also support the AIOI install location so it can upgrade if needed.
RE: AIOI and 64 bit programs
Roland,

the AIOI currently installs only 32 bit progs as there is only LPub3D, which also offers a 64 bit version (not counting LDView 4.2 because it's a beta). The installer software I'm using doesn't support a mix of 32 and 64 installation. What could be done is writing an additional 64 bit installer and pack both in a wrapper installer, which keeps things separate. I have investigated in such a scenario but I'm not enthusiastic about it to use a bold word. Problem is: do I ship, say LPub3D and LDCad in the 64, while the 32 ships without? Do I pack the library twice? Or do I simply wait 'til the installer prog offers a mixed environment?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: AIOI and 64 bit programs
(2016-06-05, 21:57)..Willy Tschager Wrote: Problem is: do I ship, say LPub3D and LDCad in the 64, while the 32 ships without? Do I pack the library twice? Or do I simply wait 'til the installer prog offers a mixed environment?

Could also just add a LDCad32.exe and/or LDCad64.exe into the same location (plain x86 one). The same might work for the LPub3D if only the exe differs.

Thing I'm wondering about myself is if it is even worth all the hassle as the 64 bit version is only about 5-8% faster rendering wise while eating more memory (130MB instead of 110MB for the 5573 model).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »