LPub3D - BOM sort error?

LPub3D - BOM sort error?
In my quest to learn how to handle LPub3D I have come across yet another curious quirk.
I've found I can sort the elements in the BOM (right-click and select the pertinent option), but the result is somewhat unpredictable, or rather the sort function works differently from what you'd expect. The sorting mechanism works top to bottom (so far so good) and right to left. The "natural" way (mimicking the way we tend to read instructions) would be to sort left to right.

Is this a bug, "a feature", something we can somehow work around or something that can be changed in a future release?

I'm attaching a sample BOM sorted by colour to illustrate as it is the easiest sorting to show what I mean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Re: LPub3D - BOM sort error?
Jetro de Château Wrote:The sorting mechanism works top to bottom (so far so good) and right to left. The "natural" way (mimicking the way we tend to read instructions) would be to sort left to right.

Jetro - Indeed, the BOM mechanism has 2 routines that work together, sorting and packing. The sorting is min to max - grouped by selected attribute... Packing is left to right but gets squirrely depending on the dimensions of the BoM display area. Sometimes resizing the BoM display area (by dragging) puts the parts in expected order.

Cheers,
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »