[LDPartEditor] > Requests

[LDPartEditor] > Requests
Hi Nils,

After doing some parts with the LDPE I am getting pretty much used to it, although I did by far not use all the features yet, or may be have not even discovered them all. I do have some requests or suggestions to make editing easier.

PROPOSAL: Add "Move Manipulator to Origin of selected Subfile" to the Context Menu
I find it a bit tedious to go up to the menu bar and set the manipulator to the subfile I selected. It simply take a lot of time.
It would be great if this can be implemented in the RMB Context Menu. This is basically the way I set the Manipulator most of the time. Either in the RMB Context Menu or with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+ something) to do the same.

PROPOSAL: A better way to skew RECT Prims
I did not find a proper way till now to move a rectangle-prim in place when it is out of a plane. I.e. if I want to put it slanted I need to check two vertices, calculate their distance, translate this into the transformation matrix of the rect-prim to put it to the correct angle and the correct vertex.
It would be good if I could:
- Select a primitive (Rect) (1)
- Select the two vertices or edge lines where the rect shall touch (2)
- LDPE will calculate the transformation matrix -> Result in the final Pic

.png   LDPE-Prop-AlignPrim1.png (Size: 23.72 KB / Downloads: 4)

.png   LDPE-Prop-AlignPrim2.png (Size: 11.34 KB / Downloads: 4)

PROPOSAL: Align Circles or Cricle Sections
Sometimes there is a need to find a circle-section that fits between two specific points, A and B. I have also attached a picture to show the task. I need to calculate the radius ® of the circle and the center (M) I do this now with a small XLS tool which serves the purpose perfectly. It would be neat if this could be "onboard" of LDPE.

PROPOSAL: Draw Selection Only/Draw Until Selection
You have the possibility oin the text editor to "Show Selection in 3D View" This selects also the line sin the 3D Editor and I can jointly move it, that is really good (and I just discovered after finding the link to the manual again:-)
Now sometimes I would like to see only a specific set of lines (without the rest of the part) or to draw only to a certain line.
Those two selections would be great:
- Draw Selection (in Text Editor)
- Draw Until Selection (in Text Editor)
I would need this function to help properly sort the lines in a file and to clean it up.

PROPOSAL: Group Function
This would also aid in cleanign and sorting a file. I.e. In the 3D Editor I can select a number of items (quads, lines etc.) which might not be at one position in the file, however they might belong together. So
- I select them,
- then RMB "join selection in text Editor"
- may be a prompt is made to add a comment to allow you finding the code later.

QUESTION: Cond-Line Colors
Why are the Condlines shown in two colors? I could not figure out a reason for that.

A lot of stuff... but I hope this might be useful/helpful for others as well

Gerald
PROPOSAL: Add "Move Manipulator to Origin of selected Subfile" to the Context Menu
Hello Gerald,

I will try to address the other points, too.
First things first:

There is a hidden feature.
You can move the manipulator to the origin of the selected subfile by simply double clicking somewhere on the 3D view.

1. Enable the selection mode
  2. Select the subfile
  3. Activate the manipulator (translate, rotate, scale or combined)
  4. Double click somewhere on the 3D view
  5. The manipulator is now adjusted to the origin of the selected subfile Smile
Re: PROPOSAL: Add "Move Manipulator to Origin of selected Subfile" to the Context Menu
Nils Schmidt Wrote:You can move the manipulator to the origin of the selected subfile by simply double clicking somewhere on the 3D view.

Ah, this is really a hidden gem!

Thanks
Re: [LDPartEditor] > Requests
I'd like to have:

* The view angles (Front, Left, ...) mirrored to the toolbars.
* Selecting "Show Selection In Text Editor" should alto jump to the first selected triple so I don't have to scroll down some 4000 lines to find it.
* Somebody mention that I can change the light position but I cannot find the post - any help?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Willy Tschager Wrote:* Somebody mention that I can change the light position but I cannot find the post - any help?

You have to scroll in pretty close in the 3D view (until it gets dark) and then double click in the 3D view.
I'd like to have the following features:

* LDDP's "Trim line" and "mirror" in the Text Editor
* The 3D editor should allow to hide all lines or triangles or quads or primitives or conds by hitting an icon without selection.
* There should be an icon which sets the thickness of the lines to zero
* Draw to selection only
* A dropdown in the Text Editor which offers all BFC commands

Thanks, w.
LEGO ergo sum
I created tickets for the requests...
...just for your information and for my documentation. I have to keep track of these requests somehow.
I created tickets for these requests, too...
...just for your information and for my documentation. I have to keep track of these requests somehow.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »