Change to OMR specs

Change to OMR specs
Dear LSB,

Please discuss and vote the change to the Official Model Repository (OMR) Specification Version 1.0.2

Quote:Unofficial parts are allowed to be used, but must be included in the MPD as referenced subfiles. The filename of the unofficial part is subject to the following naming rules:

Thx, w.
LEGO ergo sum
Re: Change to OMR specs
I agree with adding this requirement. I think it would be better for someone other than myself to come up with the naming restrictions.
It's all already there: Official Model Repository (OMR) Specification Version 1.0.2

Therefore the whole paragraph would read:

Quote:Unofficial parts are allowed to be used, but must be included in the MPD as referenced subfiles. The filename of the unofficial part is subject to the following naming rules:

<Set Number>[-<Optional Qualifier>] - <Unofficial Part Number>.dat

Where:
<Set Number> is the the number printed on the model's container.
<Optional Qualifier> is a sequential number, starting with 1, added if there is more than one set that could be assigned <Set Number>.
<Unofficial Part Number> is the unofficial part number assigned in that very moment.

Example:
33956.dat would be renamed to 3345 - 33956.dat or 3345-1 - 33956.dat.

It is highly encouraged that any parts created for use in an OMR file be submitted to the LDraw.org Parts Tracker.

If a part is unavailable either officially or on the LDraw.org Parts Tracker, a suitable substitution may be made. If the unavailable part is a patterned part with an unpatterned version available, use the unpatterned version. A comment should be inserted stating that a substitution has been made or, if no substitution is available/suitable, that a piece has been omitted. Reference the step and page number of the instructions if possible.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
I'm ok with this change too, so as far I'm concerned we could vote in this thread to make it definitive asap.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »