LPUB: Spacing steps on a single page

LPUB: Spacing steps on a single page
I'm trying to figure out how to better space multiple steps on a single page.
By default LPUB will centre the steps on the page, but I would like them to be more evenly spaced.
Where should I look for a local value that will help me to increase distance beteen steps? Or is there a better way to do this?
Re: LPUB: Spacing steps on a single page
The easiest way to do so is the command !LPUB RESERVE [percentage value]

It will increase the distance between two steps by the value specified. i.e. if the value is "0.1" 10% of the page width/height will be added.

The command is unfortunately only effective in the direction in which the steps are aligned, e.g. VERTICAL or HORIZONTAL.

If you have like 4 steps in the quadrants like this:
1 3
2 4

The commands would be: (... stands for parts)
Code:
0 !LPUB MULTI_STEP BEGIN
0 STEP
0 !LPUB RESERVE 0.1
0 STEP
0 !LPUB MULTI_STEP DIVIDER
0 STEP
0 !LPUB MULTI_STEP END

If you want to adjust the horizontal spacing you need to add margin to the divider (i.e. the second last values adds horizontal spacing)
0 !LPUB MULTI_STEP SEPARATOR GLOBAL 0.03125 black 0.5 0

Best thing is to play around and give it a try!
Thank you very much Gerald for your very complete answer. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

LPUB is a great tool, but finding out how to do certain things can be really complicated. How did you learn about this command? Is there some webpage with documentation that I haven't been able to find?
Sorry for my late reply, I cannot exactly recall where I got it from but it is one of the lesser known Metacommands. Jaco's site, Workong with LPUB lists some as well as J. C. Tchang site

I like the work by Trevor that is going on right now to improve LPUB
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »