LICreator - functionailty for build bigger model

LICreator - functionailty for build bigger model
For Example.
I have 42026: Black Champion Racer. And I have build bigger version with larger wheels and so on.
What I need to know is
:: how much and what part is necessary
:: availability of the used parts

Tell me, What you think about this opportunity. And propose how handle it.
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
Re: LICreator - functionailty for build bigger model
Quote::: how much and what part is necessary

I think you are referring to the BOM (Bill of Material), which is essentially a page listing/showing all the parts used in the model with their quantity. A list like it is now included in all the LEGO instruction booklets.
That is an essential thing in my opinion, at least to have an option to include it.
Also the BOM shall be sortable, i.e. by color, by part size or even move some parts manually around (Power Function or extremely large parts)

Quote::: availability of the used parts

Do you mean the availability of these parts on marketplaces like Bricklink?
I think there is SW already that is looking for the optimum availability on BL. However to export a file that this SW can use to find you the parts is probably a very good idea!
Teh SW is call Brickficiency (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.ph...opic=82975)
How many more blocks is in the second to the first??
When we build alternative version of instruction book we must know that. The question is how apps know about red-green region ?.

.png   triumphal_arc.pov.png (Size: 3.31 KB / Downloads: 2)

Sorry for the angle of inclination, but I'm not familiar with Pov-Ray.
Lego isn't just a brand of plastic bricks. It's a lifestyle; and artistic medium.
Sorry, but your questions are formulated too unclear. I cannot understand them.
For your arch, for example, how many bricks to use can easily be measured by building that model e.g. in MLCad.
So do I understand you right that you want to determine the difference between the two models?

The only way to do that is that you have both models available as a MPD/LDR file.

Counting the bricks is a basic function of the instruction tool, comparing two is definitely a step up

.jpg   ARC1.jpg (Size: 35.53 KB / Downloads: 2)

:: At the beginning you have only model A
:: Then have higher model. Scale them x2
:: So app calculate n-number of elements Brick 1x1 {DESIGN #3005} and Brick 1x2 {DESIGN #3004}
:: For use compatible brick. Then app measure it to know wt , ht variable.
:: At final generate instruction book of model B
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »