LDView BFC and LDView

BFC and LDView
When viewing parts in LDView with BFC colors turned on, should the part appear red, green or blue?

What is a "neutral" face?

How do I fix a part that is the wrong color?

Thanks.
RE: BFC and LDView
(2021-06-09, 22:08)Michael Horvath Wrote: When viewing parts in LDView with BFC colors turned on, should the part appear red, green or blue?

What is a "neutral" face?

How do I fix a part that is the wrong color?

Parts should be (mostly) all green. Any red is a sign of a BFC error. Any blue is geometry that is not considered by LDView to be BFC-capable. (This geometry has both sides drawn in normal BFC mode.) Fixing parts with red requires understanding of the BFC spec, and manually editing the part file to correct whatever is causing the geometry to be BFC flipped.
(2021-06-10, 1:39)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Parts should be (mostly) all green. Any red is a sign of a BFC error. Any blue is geometry that is not considered by LDView to be BFC-capable. (This geometry has both sides drawn in normal BFC mode.) Fixing parts with red requires understanding of the BFC spec, and manually editing the part file to correct whatever is causing the geometry to be BFC flipped.

How does the program know whether normal BFC mode is being used? These are modified versions of existing parts, and I may have deleted certain tags by mistake.
(2021-06-10, 2:19)Michael Horvath Wrote: How does the program know whether normal BFC mode is being used? These are modified versions of existing parts, and I may have deleted certain tags by mistake.

In LDView, in order for BFC to activate, a file must be identified as being a part (via a header comment or due to the fact that it is in one of the LDraw parts directories), and it must have a 0 BFC CERTIFY line. If you just want to turn off BFC for the part, delete the BFC CERTIFY line.
(2021-06-10, 3:26)Travis Cobbs Wrote: In LDView, in order for BFC to activate, a file must be identified as being a part (via a header comment or due to the fact that it is in one of the LDraw parts directories), and it must have a 0 BFC CERTIFY line. If you just want to turn off BFC for the part, delete the BFC CERTIFY line.

What is the correct order of the lines?

Does it come after the rotation center and rotation config? I.e.,

0 Arch 1 x 5 x 4 (Simplified)
0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0
0 BFC CERTIFY CCW
(2021-06-10, 3:55)Michael Horvath Wrote: What is the correct order of the lines?

Does it come after the rotation center and rotation config? I.e.,

0 Arch  1 x  5 x  4 (Simplified)
0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0
0 BFC CERTIFY CCW

The BFC CERTIFY line must be before any geometry line in the file. As far as I know, that's the only requirement for it. Line types 1-5 all count as geometry lines. Having said that, I don't know the rules for the header as a whole. If you plan to submit a file to the parts tracker, you'll have to learn those rules yourself.
(2021-06-10, 17:09)Travis Cobbs Wrote: The BFC CERTIFY line must be before any geometry line in the file. As far as I know, that's the only requirement for it. Line types 1-5 all count as geometry lines. Having said that, I don't know the rules for the header as a whole. If you plan to submit a file to the parts tracker, you'll have to learn those rules yourself.

I am not submitting them, but others may want to use them. Who is in charge of the parts tracker?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »