Alternative state NXT connectors

Alternative state NXT connectors
Not sure this is a request or just an observation.

But I noticed when you using the NXT plugs they look wrong when they are in their sockets.

In real life both the clip on the plug and the copper wires inside the socket will bend when accepting each other.

So maybe we need two versions of both?
Re: Alternative state NXT connectors
Picture would be great Smile but difficult I know.
I was about to edit the post Smile

Ok, now I fully understand your concerns.
How often do you can see through the plug in real life like on your picture. - Maybe never, so I would not invest time in this.
just my personal opinion.
In case of the socket you are right, but the clip is clearly visible when using solid colors.

I noticed all this while adding support for part snapping 'irregular shaped' things in LDCad, so I'm not completely sure where the connector should be placed in the first place.

In the pictures it's as far back as it goes, which seems to agree with how LDD places it. Although it sticks out somewhat more over there, the wires origin are at the same location I think.

Maybe the correct question for this thread was where they should be in relation to each other. In that case could some one move the thread please.
This is not an easy one since plugging/snapping implies part latch flexibility... Honestly I never got complaints from users at model level scale.
It's not a big deal indeed, the more important thing for me now is the correct position of them.

Currently I'm using this info for snapping

The plug (933) placement center is at 0 -1.5 1.5 and the socket (54732) is at 0 12.5 -2.5.

Do you think it's at the correct place, or should it be moved a bit inside the socket.
The plug doesn't go that much into the socket in real life. This is how it shoud be (more or less...):
Code:
1 47 0 10.5 -7 -1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 933.dat
1 39 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 54732.dat
Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »