Skewing in official parts

Skewing in official parts
As a result of this thread, I'm wondering are there any parts in the library using skewing (of base scaled reference), is it even legal?

I need to know to decide if it's worth the needed rewrites to my texmap meta implementation.
Re: Skewing in official parts
Deformation of primitives a is very common practice:
http://jc-tchang.philohome.com/manuel/prim_def.htm
but I can't remember ever seeing it on a part.
I think I've used it before, but couldn't tell you on what part. I just vaguely remember working out the skewing matrix sometime in the past.

Perhaps the texmap extension could demand no skewing. I can't see it being useful in more than a tiny fraction of cases, and even then it might be more trouble than it's worth since the texture would have to contain unskewing to look OK.

Tim
I am pretty sure I used it... Dunno where!
I have a vague recollection of having seen a skewed sphere primitive in some official part, but I could be wrong about that.
Thanks guys,

It's only a problem when the skewed referenced part uses local TEXMAP info. And I'm guessing the skew usages are mostly for the general shaping of stuff which then might be mapped on a higher level, thus nullifying the problem.

Anyway I decided to not change my current approach until some part actually needs it, as the solution will slow down calculations for all other usage.
The skewing of box primitives should be fine and I think that some of the windshield parts may use skewed cylinders.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »