slight idea for PT review page

slight idea for PT review page
When posting a review for a part, could the user's existing cert status be enabled by default in the radio buttons? This would make it easier to post comments without changing cert status.

e.g. suppose I vote cert on 13665.dat (which I actually did) and went to post a comment on it afterwards (which I also did), the "Certify" radio button would already be selected by default since I have an existing cert vote on the part, instead of leaving it blank and have me push novote by default and almost having me clear my cert by accident.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with these blunders and having the PT automatically select the existing cert radio button would make things that much easier.
Re: slight idea for PT review page
I also have thought many time about such a change - but:
If cert is selected by default I am sure we get many cert votes that are not cert votes (like we today forget to set this).

As you only need to hit your browsers back button to go back to the page before you send, I think the current setting is what it should be.
I think he means some algorithm, that remembers your previous vote and not an everytime checked cert radiobutton...
For the moment I don't have a problem with this. It works for me like it is.

/Max
I think you got me wrong. I'm suggesting here that your current vote in effect, be it cert, novote or hold, would be selected by default. If you have a cert in effect, when you post a review, cert would be selected by default for you. If you have a hold in effect it'd pick hold by default, and a novote if you have posted a novote comment. It would not automatically select cert if you haven't already posted it first or if it got overturned.
Yes, now I got it. That would be a nice feature, indeed, but I think there has been many other items to be done that have a higher priority.
If it can be done with only a very few lines, maybe it can be done quicker Smile
Yes - just a few lines of code, so now done.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
Awesome, thanks, Chris. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »