Sorting parts by upload date and/or last update

Sorting parts by upload date and/or last update
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this request, as it is pertains to the PT part of the website and not the forums/main page, but I'm unsure where else to put it. So feel free to move it if there is a better place.

So, I, like I'm sure most of you are, am a big fan of the Master Parts List Page. It contains a lot of useful information in a nicely organized fashion, with the ability to sort it however you wish, save a few options that I would like to see added.

It would be nice if we could sort this list by the date the part was added to the PT. This way, it would be easy to see which parts have been on the PT for a long time and which ones were recently added, so that those of us looking for parts to edit can easily find the older ones.

In addition (or perhaps as an alternative), it might also be useful to be able to sort these parts based on their last update. For simplicity sake, this would be the date of the last submit. I think this information would be useful as well for part authors, editors, and reviewers for finding the parts most in need of attention.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
Re: Sorting parts by upload date and/or last update
You know that there is a list that fulfil one of your wishes ?

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptqueue.cgi
Re: Sorting parts by upload date and/or last update
Nice idea, but that's actually quite tricky. To make it fast, that page is built from an index table, which doesn't currently hold either of those dates, so it would take quite a bit of effort to re-engineer the Parts Tracker to make this possible.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »