10350 hacking to support brown briddle

10350 hacking to support brown briddle
Hi everybody,

i tried to get used to LDraw by hacking 10350p01 from Philo to support another pattern for the black horse (with brown biddle and without white blaze)

I finished one side now, get rid of all BFC-errors and now asked myself what is the next step? I hope it is ok to add several question:

- Do I need permission to post the modified 10350p01 as a new number to the Part Tracker?
- What the proper name of the part - 10350p02?
- What would be the proper author name and history of this file?
- Is there a possibility to mirror the other side or do I need to manipulate the other head side too?

Thanks in Advance
Re: 10350 hacking to support brown briddle
Hi Stephan,
Glad to see another horse pattern approaching!
Stephan Meisinger Wrote:I finished one side now, get rid of all BFC-errors and now asked myself what is the next step? I hope it is ok to add several question:
Out of curiosity, what did you used to create the pattern?
Quote:- Do I need permission to post the modified 10350p01 as a new number to the Part Tracker?
You already have the permission since you have parts author status.

Quote:- What the proper name of the part - 10350p02?
That's fine since few patterned parts are expected for this shape.
Quote:- What would be the proper author name and history of this file?
Use your name, keep history lines mentionning LDD origin, use your name in preparation line. Official update history line must be deleted, and part type must be Unofficial_Part. I suggest using DatHeader to manage header mundane tasks and check your file correctness Wink
Quote:- Is there a possibility to mirror the other side or do I need to manipulate the other head side too?
Sure! You have to create mirrored side as 10351p02 (using 10351p01 as guide), then 10350p02c01 (using 10350p02 and 10351p02) to build complete head shortcut, then create a complete horse shortcut (10509p02) using 10350p02c01. I suggest the use of LDFind/LDStructure to get a feeling of parts tree building the horse...
Hello and we are happy to see another part author Smile

First of all I like to answer your question for the Part tracker (PT).

Please read the section "Submit New Parts" on the page http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/

You need to sign the agreement, that is very important.

For your other questions:
2) yes, that filename would be ok, if not already on the pt or official.
3) If you only changed some colors i would leave the author like it is and add your name in the history line.
4) Currently I do not have looked into this, so can not give an answer.
Thats a far better answer than mine Sad

Thanks Philo.
Hi Philippe,
thanks.
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Stephan Meisinger Wrote:I finished one side now, get rid of all BFC-errors and now asked myself what is the next step? I hope it is ok to add several question:
Out of curiosity, what did you used to create the pattern?
I used a text editor, LDDP, LDcad and some fancy calculation programms written by myself (nothing crazy just cmd line tools to do some math for me). I tried to stay unguided as possible - to get used to the 3D stuff. It feels like a decade since I did something with it.

I will read into the Header-Generator tomorrow and work myself into the file tree. Thanks
no sadly it was more work then expected. I had to add some more polygons to have the white shadow of the eye. And a Black Outline for some brace parts of the briddle.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »