Problems with Windows 8

Re: Problems with Windows 8
Hi, Thanks for your post. I have re-installed the program. There is no "Setup.txt" log file I can find in the LDraw folder. I have, however, recorded all the messages I got during the install!

Error 1 through 5 -"The specified file could not be found" - there was no location or description of which file! This error occurred 5 times.
Error 6. - "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\warwick\AppData\Local\Temp\ir_sf_temp_0\povwin 36.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again"
Error 7. - The folder containing the POV-Ray program could not be found. Browse for the folder usually named 'Pov-Ray for Windows vX.X There was a standard browse window, but I could not locate the folder. The options were "make new folder" "OK" or "cancel". I opted for cancel!
Error 8. - Pov-Ray.ini file was not found on your computer. If POV-Ray has been installed, the path to the LGEO library have to be added manually.

I searched for POV-Ray manually after the install had finished and found the following file listed. "Installer Package 'povwin362-64bit'. Attempting to start the installer (usual double click), the following error message came up.

"The installer package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor that this is a valid Windows Installer package"

Hope this helps you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Problems with Windows 8 - by warwick holden - 2013-08-31, 18:38
Re: Problems with Windows 8 - by warwick holden - 2013-09-04, 9:31
Problems with Windows 8 #2 - by asher-spragg - 2014-05-12, 18:48
Re: Problems with Windows 8 - by Travis Cobbs - 2013-09-24, 19:08