How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)

Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)
I would like to point out that one reason I never ported LDView to iOS was because it would cost me $100 per year to do so, and I didn't feel that any possible revenue from the app, no matter what I charged, would ever recoup that $100 per year. (Another big reason was that I was already not spending enough time on LDView.)

At $0.99 (the lowest price a non-free iOS app can have), I would need 141 new customers per year just to break even, and given the number of downloads of the freely avaiable LDView for Windows/Mac/Linux that I have, I just didn't see that happening. And I believe that charging more would decrease the number of customers enough the lower to total revenue.

Now that BrickPad is available, and quite nice, I see even less point in an LDView for iOS release. Of course, Ken's sales figures are private, but I would be very surprised if he's making much profit.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers) - by Travis Cobbs - 2012-12-19, 18:33