How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)

Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)
Hey Clay, thanks for asking. I'm still making progress, albeit it has slowed down. Girlfriend, a well-paying job, etc. However, I have every intention to finish this! I've done my best to make simple, intuiutive, and good-looking, and I can't wait to get this out there.

Not too long ago, I had only three major tasks to complete: submodel editing, step editing, and parts snapping. Submodel editing works and step editing is at about 90% in the storyboard phase (a good UI precedes any coding), but my snapping algorithm is still theoretical in nature and involves things like range trees that I've never dealt with before.

If I had no distractions at all, I could probably have this done in a month, but I know that won't happen. Who knows, I may simply decide to release before I can figure out snapping. In all fairness, it still works really well without it! I've built 600pc models (e.g. Horizon Express engine) without too much issue...

[img size=1024x768]http://i.imgur.com/5m4Em1X.jpg[/img]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers) - by Paul Griffin - 2015-03-04, 8:53