Suggestion: change library archive file names

Re: Suggestion: change library archive file names
Roland Melkert Wrote:My post has been moved by someone, It was originality a reply to the "Main LDraw.org Website bugs/feature requests/todo list"
Not me.
Roland Melkert Wrote:My main reason for suggesting this was so you could (easier) download older versions of the library, and also just having a complete.zip laying around (usb key etc) somewhere doesn't say much about it's version.
Why would anyone ever want to download an out-of-date version of the complete library? Why would I want to clutter the (peeron) server with historical versions of the complete library? Making the name of the complete library version specific would require changing the website links every time we issue an update. The LDraw version of a particular complete.zip can be deduced from the latest release notes file (ldraw/models/Note<YY><RR>CA.txt file).
Roland Melkert Wrote:The names are purely suggestions, i hoped made my wish more clear. The 'inc' (from incremental backup) version would contain only the new/updated parts compared to the previous version just like the current download.
That's exactly what the lcad<YY><RR>.zip file already is.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Suggestion: change library archive file names - by Chris Dee - 2012-07-29, 21:00