LSC: Texture Mapping extension

Re: LSC: Texture Mapping extension
Here are my answers to your questions:

1. I'm not sure. That came from Joshua, who is the only one who has really created the files.
  2. I'm not sure why removing this would make writing significantly easier. If a file were loaded, there would have to be an flag on that file line to let the app know it was shared geometry.
  3. Yes. However, this is related to item 1, which I didn't have a good answer for. I can't remember how LDView would behave in this instance. Note that LDView strips out the 0 !: from the beginning of all lines they occur on when it is in a !TEXMAP region before parsing those lines (although it also keeps an original copy of the line text).
  4. This command would actually be quite useful to allow an editor to add a sticker to a user's model. One !TEXMAP PLANAR NEXT, and one quad. It could also be used in an official part with a blank fallback, but only if we allow blank fallbacks (which is probably a bad idea now, but may not be in three years).
  5. Every method would have a different number of parameters, but any renderer supporting such a method would know in advance how many parameters to expect. Any renderer that doesn't support such a method should either simply ignore the !TEXMAP command, or present a warning to the user. Right now LDView semi-parses the CYLINDRICAL command, but that is an accident; I forgot to remove that code, but will do so prior to the official LDView 4.2 release, which will result in an "unknown texmap method" warning from such lines.
  6. I agree.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LSC: Texture Mapping extension - by Travis Cobbs - 2012-04-10, 4:57