30116pb03, Panel 14x14x2.667 with Millennium Falcon Pattern

Re: 30116pb03, Panel 14x14x2.667 with Millennium Falcon Pattern
Daniel Görner Wrote:First of all: Thank you Philo. You're a great help for a noob like me.
A pleasure, especially when the "noob" learns fast like you Wink

Quote:Is there a program you recommend to do the rounding? Because I just did that with DATHeader and now I have gaps and a lot of optional lines again (See attached file)...
Mmhhh... the optionnal lines are easy to get rid of, just select one in MLCad, then "select same type" and delete. But there are also a few problems reintroduced by rounding - You've got really tiny surfaces that gets easily warped by rounding. Simplest solution, don't round!!! Probably you could have avoided these tiny surfaces by increasing Slicerpro vertices unification threshold to 0.05 or so. No big deal, the unrounded surface is fine!

The "gaps" are not really gaps but just two roundings that behaved differently on adjacent surfaces. Not really annoying (they disappear if you raise Edger2 precision value, to 0.002). You might also suppress them using unificator, but that's not really needed here.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: 30116pb03, Panel 14x14x2.667 with Millennium Falcon Pattern - by Philippe Hurbain - 2012-03-16, 9:11