Brick co-ordinates change when I change the model viewing angle.

Brick co-ordinates change when I change the model viewing angle.
Hi,

Normally in LDraw if you are making a model you'd probably have to view it from different angles and use the zoom tool.

However when I do this, it changes all of the brick position coordinates (e.g.: X ***, y*** z***).
If the numbers change then I have no idea what number to increase that value by, as numbers like 'Y axis, 11.1584912784' are hard to work with, and it is not very builder friendly as I just want to get the brick(s) adjusted correctly. (Even if I use then 'hand' tool to change the model, or use the default angles in the right click menu it still changes the co-ordinates.)

Can't we have a tool that allows us to three dimensionally change the viewing angle of the model to how fine we need it, but will also leave the brick co-ordinates to how they are.

If this was fixed:
Let’s say for example I had two 3001's placed on top of each other, if I moved the bottom brick somewhere to the left' then changed the angle to '90 degrees, left' then change that brick coordinate again, it would keep the brick position coordinates but change the axis the brick moves since we are looking it from the side it would move closer or nearer but in the original viewer angle it would move left or right.

Maybe there can be a quick finder gauge in the workspace where there is a brick icon or something but has a red dot near it, telling you where you are viewing it from, a bit like a ball compass.

Regards, Kris
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Brick co-ordinates change when I change the model viewing angle. - by SNIPE - 2012-03-02, 12:46