Sticker Standard Questions

Re: Sticker Standard Questions
Greg Teft Wrote:The standard says sheet's SKU number, but I see certified files having used set numbers. Is the set's number for where the sheet's SKU is unknown? And which is the SKU number? Looking at 10221's sheet, there's 22637 in one corner and 10010521/6005049 with the copyright statement in another. I'm leaning toward 6005049 based on 4622303a.dat.

I used the second number for the Fort LEGOREDO stickers:

[Image: 71405.1193190305.jpg]

Greg Teft Wrote:file name - If I intend to create more from the same sheet, can I name them out of order so that the final sequence makes sense (as called for in the instructions)? Or should the first uploaded be 'a' and so on. Alternately, should I upload 'needs work' placeholders for the ones in the sequence I want to use.

No, go with "a" for the first sticker you submit to the PT.

Greg Teft Wrote:round corners - yes or no? Most stickers have a 2 LDU radius rounded corner, didn't see any on the files I looked at. Extra geometry to render, but I wanted to consider close-up rendering.

Hmm ... a matter of taste. IMHO too much geometry.

Greg Teft Wrote:edge lines - yes or no? The files I looked at didn't seem to have them. I used edged primitives for the sides,
as I think edges add detail if when ambient lighting or flat shading is used.

No edges and no edged primitives - "but color 24 is not" in the specs stands for this.

Greg Teft Wrote:inset - yes or no? I've noticed that most of the stickers I've looked at are inset at about 2 LDU from the edge of the element face. Is the sticker to be modeled to the edge of it's target element, or to the edge of the sticker considering the inset?

Go for the real figures.

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=5692&t=i&v=a

Greg Teft Wrote:geometry and obvious color offset problems - looking at repeats of the same sticker for 10221 (and the shield for 10214), should the model correct for blatant printing issues where the ink is not where it should be, or leave out where it bled into a neighboring space that might not have been masked well?

Looks like that most people prefer the ideal.

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=6047

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Sticker Standard Questions - by Greg Teft - 2012-02-01, 7:10
Re: Sticker Standard Questions - by Greg Teft - 2012-02-01, 20:12
Re: Sticker Standard Questions - by Willy Tschager - 2012-02-01, 21:20
Re: Sticker Standard Questions - by Greg Teft - 2012-02-02, 21:17