Introducing my LEGO Parts Guide, which is powered by images exported from LDraw.

RE: Introducing my LEGO Parts Guide, which is powered by images exported from LDraw.
(2024-02-22, 12:53)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Very nice, well organized parts guide!
I'd love to see this, always useful to know where to put our efforts the most efficiently possible!

I have created a first draft of a gallery for viewing those parts where an LDraw part might be missing.

The "Not in LDraw" page will show you the top 2000 parts in my analysis of the most common LEGO parts of all time.  You can click on the tabs at the top of the page to switch how the results are sorted.
  • Overall Rank is a weighted scoring based on # of pieces, # of sets, and # of colors.
  • # pieces/sets/colors are pretty self explanatory.
  • Years Produced shows the parts which were in production for the longest time, even if they are not very common overall.

All of this is based on the assumption that you bought one of every set ever released and sorted the parts by both part (to decide # pieces) and by part and color (to decide # colors).  

Sincerely,
— Tom Alphin

P.S: If you see an image in the left column, that's because I already created an image with a filename matching the rebrickable part number, even if there is a mismatch between rebrickable and LDraw.

P.S.S. This list is based on all-time most common parts.  I will be creating a similar view based on the most recent 5 years sometime soon (This will better represent the most common parts right now...)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introducing my LEGO Parts Guide, which is powered by images exported from LDraw. - by tom alphin - 2024-03-19, 0:17