help to understand making process

RE: help to understand making process
(2024-01-28, 8:52)Willy Tschager Wrote: Your source material is off too much, no correction will help.

Browsing the net I found this, which seams much more appropriate.

1. Adjusted the background image approximately to the width of the ears, to get the basic width correct. Try to fit the eyes into the area of the subs, scale it a bit, adjust ...
My aim was fitting the image as symmetrically as possible into the subs area and at the same time get the central vertex in a hypothetical center of the eye itself. You will later see why.

2. "Add primitive -> ..LDraw primitive... -> ..Circular disc sector.. -> 4-4disc.dat

The disc isn't the pattern. It serves as a guideline to get a fine shaped circle.

3. Positioned the disc right over the vertex and increased the height a bit as the eye looks a bit higher as wide.

1. Copy and past your disc and set it aside. The next steps are all trial'n'error and you will probably need a lot of these prims 'cos your values a completely of and you need a fresh start.

2. Make sure you are always in "Primitive Mode"

3. Use the Select, Move, Rotate, Scale commands for the manipulation. The result can be seen in the Transformation matrix.

4. It could be that you need to adjust your background image once again - very, very subtle.

5. Your goal is to distort your disc in way that much of its vertices hit the boundaries of the underlying mesh.

You need just one eye. You will mirror your sub in the patternend version of the kitten. I attach my version below.

Happy fiddling

w.

It seems to me that we are good up to this point.

Attached Files
.lpc   prova-28-01.lpc (Size: 79.53 KB / Downloads: 4)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: help to understand making process - by Dario Folliero - 2024-01-28, 15:48