help to understand making process

RE: help to understand making process
(2024-01-21, 13:19)Willy Tschager Wrote: Before you are going to run MeshReducer you are going to get rid off the conds if you haven't done already, as you will regenerate them at the very end:

* "Select... -> Nothing -> Conditional lines -> ...All." All conds should be selected.
* Delete them
* "Select... -> All types. Not restoring what should be selected, will cause much trouble later, when you try to select something and apparently nothing happens.

I take for granted that you saved often and more important that you saved the various stages of the cleansing as you were moving along.

1. "Decolor part" to ease MeshReducers work.
2. "Tools... -> MeshReducer. This will take multiple passages.

Meshreducer is a fine tool but as with all automated processes, sometimes the result is a bit off. Check the colored areas.

Especially the area between the eyes looks strange and zooming in you will see that there is a looong stretched triangle. Long stretched triangles are always to be avoided, as they will give renderer (especially raytracer) a hard time, because of the time needed to calculate the anti-aliasing.

You have to delete those triangles and rebuild them from scratch.

1. "Create a new triangle..." or "Create a new quad..."

In the attached file I fixed some of the triangles and flipped some others. Try to understand why I rebuild that area and how I designed the new mesh.

Just post your s01 file.

w.

i try to understand why, i dont copy completely your work a try to apply on the mesh.

Attached Files
.dat   80686s01.dat (Size: 118.42 KB / Downloads: 3)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: help to understand making process - by Dario Folliero - 2024-01-21, 14:59