Issue with hemisphere part with textures

RE: Issue with hemisphere part with textures
(2024-01-15, 21:17)Toby Nelson Wrote: My apologies, I've fixed the equator (the bottom of the hemisphere is truncated which I had not taken into account):
0 !TEXMAP START CYLINDRICAL 0 6 0 0 -46 0 -26 6 0 180 61287p01rb.png

But I think the image ought to be the right way up, given this definition. The first three numbers are the centre point of the base of the cylinder, and the next three are the top centre of the cylinder. With LDraw's coordinate system having -Y up, that should be the right way up.

I see the image appears upside down in LDView. I wonder if that could be a bug in LDView?

I believe that you are correct regarding LDView displaying cylindrical textures upside down. Can you confirm that LDCad displays them the other way around?

However, regarding the part being wrong to use SPHERICIAL, I think that you are wrong about that. The texture is definitely not designed to be used as a Mercator projection. Switching to CYLINDRICAL squishes everything vertically. And while I don't exactly understand why, the lines of latitude are correct with SPHERICAL projection in this part. (Just look at it directly from the side with the original SPHERICAL projection.) While using CYLINDRICAL with an appropriate texture would probably make more sense, the existing texture is definitely not right for that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with hemisphere part with textures - by Travis Cobbs - 2024-01-15, 22:33