Solved Making stickers from scratch

RE: Making stickers from scratch
(2023-03-11, 13:18)Paweł Turalski Wrote: Ah yes, my mistake! But does it change anything?
Also thank you for this link, it was really helpful, I used the inverted 1-4ndis in one corner, because it is in two colours. That was fun to experiment with different primitive  Smile

But the 1-4disc works too, and feels easier to control. Of course if it technically changes something, I can use 1-4chrd instead

Now I have another question - how to make the pattern smaller? When you look at the exported preview, it sticks to the edges. The sticker is always smaller than the part, so in this case it should be smaller too. I cropped the sticker from full sticker sheet and used it as background image. I cropped it o the edges of the real sticker you apply, without that margins that are left on the sheet. So the pattern is made correctly, but needs to be scaled. How?

* The 1-4ndis.dat is not needed. Check out for example this sticker:

https://library.ldraw.org/tracker/25714

You'll see that the corner is cut out. If there are two colors try using 2x 1-8chrd.dat. If it doesn't fit just use simple triangles.

* 1-4chrd does the same job as a 1-4disc but requires less room. It is easier to fit in in cramped areas.

To scale:

* Vertex Mode
* Edit -> Select all
* Scale [4] - Move your mouse

However note that neither ref lines nor prims will be affected you'll have to reposition them. I would consider drawing a pattern and scale afterwards bad style: Opens margins for error.
You should measure it first with a caliper and convert to LDU. LDPE comes with an inbuild calculator or you could use this stand-alone:

https://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=ldcalc

Once you've got the LDUs right draw a quadrilateral with those values and start from there.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making stickers from scratch - by Willy Tschager - 2023-03-11, 18:01