Solved Making stickers from scratch

RE: Making stickers from scratch
(2023-03-09, 10:31)Willy Tschager Wrote: Wow! You're a quick learner. Before you move to LDPE to get a "sticker" out of your "pattern" you should refine it a bit. From what I can see the corners are rounded. This is where the LDraw primitives come into play to get a fine hires primitive substitution in renderers.

* Move-Snap 100
* Opacity 25%
* Color black
* Add primitive -> LDraw-Primitive -> Circular Disc Segment -> 1-4chrd.dat
* Click near the corner to set it. You will have to rotate it. You could actually rotate it like the oval or via the matrix - I'll show you the later.
* Primitive Mode
* Select [1] the primitive. The Transformation-Matrix in the bottom right-hand corner pops up
* Play with the values und see what it does. Note the "minus" I put to flip my prim
* After you have changed a value you will have to hit "Apply" to see the change
* Move [2] the prim into position
* Connect it with triangles to the rest

You should use prims also for the oval.

* Delete all the gray triangles connected with the white oval
* Rotate the oval so that it is horizontal. We need the length and hight for reference
* Add primitive -> Circular Disc Sector -> 4-4disc.dat
* Click on the center of your oval and add a disc
* Use the matrix to distort your disc prim 'til it looks like your oval. Presumably your x value will be 1.5, with z=0.8

Screenshot and come back.

w.
Okay, I'm stuck. So first let's see my result. I just deleted the transparent triangles to do this primitives process. But that exported preview has transparent triangles

"* Move-Snap 100
* Opacity 25%
* Color black"
I had to click "add vertex" before and it must be in vertex mode - it does not work with "select"

"* Click near the corner to set it"
ok, here

Then I have to add the second point. But where? I put it here

.jpg   Clipboard03.jpg (Size: 6.5 KB / Downloads: 272)

"* Play with the values und see what it does." - I can control the distance between the two points I have

"* After you have changed a value you will have to hit "Apply" to see the change" - ok, changed. No idea what should be the vaule here (or based on what). And where is the apply button?

And then move the prim into position. But what is that prim and what/where should be that position I move into?
This process seems a bit harder than drawing triangles before
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making stickers from scratch - by Paweł Turalski - 2023-03-10, 19:38