Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1

RE: Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1
I found a few problems when editing a model, first of all, (I have mentioned this before, but alas): sometimes even when I make the grouping layer 0 in both nested mode and normal mode and also try using 'detach content' , 'inline' and 'embed unofficial content' it still seems to have parts "linked" in the sense where if I click something like a wheel or a tire it always selects all 4 of them rather than just one... I can eventually stop it from doing that but I have to try every option that I mentioned and then try some of them again and its just a pain.

Secondly, it still is not removing all of the sub-models in the 'change current session' window or the ''all models currently being edited' parts bin category. Even if I close LDCAD and reopen it and load the model again. Most of the sub-models were just put into the main model so it did not lose any parts however one sub-model remained for some reason: 
[Image: 2CIAn8f.png]
So hopefully this gets fixed

Thirdly there is currently no way that I can think of to simply locate where in the model a sub-model is being used, even if it is used more than once, so I gave up even tying to find where it was located so that I could inline it and only one the main model with no sub-models. So it would be cool if we could treat sub-models more like parts, for example if you select a part in a model and then double click on a part in the parts bin it will replace that part, but this does not work for replacing sub-models with parts or other sub-models, something that I would find very useful and faster doing it any other way.

Lastly, it would be nice if we could just remove sub-models within LDCAD in two ways, one would keep the file on the HDD (assuming its not just an internal sub-model and is actually in its own file) and just remove any references to it within the currently open file

and the second way would actually remove the file but keep the references, even though they will show up as [MISSING].

I said lastly but I lied Tongue 

If I hide some parts in a model and click save as, I can no longer unhide them in both the original file as well as the saved as file.

Ok, that's all for now as I know I've said a lot of stuff that I would like fixing Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 - by Roland Melkert - 2022-12-29, 20:18
RE: Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 - by SNIPE - 2023-02-05, 0:13
RE: Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 - by SNIPE - 2023-05-21, 1:59
RE: Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 - by SNIPE - 2023-05-27, 17:09