Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1

RE: Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1
it would be cool if there was a way, using the LDCAD API to get the dimensions of base primitives.
By 'base primitives' I mean primitives that are at level 0  and don't reference any other primitive(s).

This is required in order for me to do bin packing algorithms without just making a billion variables for entire part dimensions (inefficient)
It is better to go all the way down to the smallest primitive instead.
 The bin packing algorithm is part of my optimization tool called LegoScript, which allows the user to load an LDRAW model and then replace several parts with fewer parts while keeping the model practically the same.

The user can input different queries that change the search behaviour and results of the algorithm, for example I can tell it to not automatically find everything and optimize it all but to instead only search for say, 3024.dat, or, another example is to only search for parts in the LDRAW model that are of type 'brick modified' and then it will perform some sort of parts replacement, or do nothing.

Also the ability to move a part diagonally by holding the left or right arrow key at the same time as holding the up or down arrow key would be a massive help

Regards, Snipe
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 - by Roland Melkert - 2022-12-29, 20:18
RE: Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 - by SNIPE - 2023-02-05, 0:13
RE: Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 - by SNIPE - 2023-05-21, 1:59
RE: Upcoming LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 - by SNIPE - 2023-05-27, 17:09