LDCad shadow library github repository

RE: LDCad shadow library github repository
(2022-07-15, 22:00)Max Murtazin Wrote: Well, is there anything wrong with putting .csl in the directory?
Not really but it will be outdated most of the time as it needs to be repacked (compiled if you will) after each change.

(2022-07-15, 22:49)Orion Pobursky Wrote: You don't have to have a link back if you (or your group) are the original source. Link backs are required (most of the time) for those who create derivatives and are not affiliated with the original source.
I guess so but a .csl is basically an optional dll. So putting it in the about box seemed somewhat strange to me.

(2022-07-17, 8:38)Milan Vančura Wrote: What about answering by question: How this situation with csl differs to any other projects in git where source files only are stored in git (of course) and both compiled programs and archives of the project, which is how usual project is distributed then, are generated? Git contains a command for this, BTW, it's called 'git archive'.

I think it's normal and usual but I'm serious with my question: is there any important difference with csl?
A .csl is just a zipped version of the parts and p folders just like complete.zip. So you could indeed see it as a release of the 'source'.

(2022-07-17, 18:28)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Isn't this normally handled with a LICENSE.md file in the repository? All the files in the repository are then covered by that LICENSE.md file.
Yes but if you use the project as a single .csl there is no (local) .md unless you unpack the .csl.

Maybe I'm overthinking this?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad shadow library github repository - by Roland Melkert - 2022-07-17, 19:02