[LDCad] open Stud.io-file with correct colors

RE: [LDCad] open Stud.io-file with correct colors
(2022-03-25, 11:13)Stefan Frenz Wrote: I got a stud.io file with all inlined parts, size is about 7 MB. Opening this file in Stud.io is nearly impossible as I'm waiting now for about 45 minutes and still having "parsing a file 0%", while LDCad opens it in a few seconds. Smile  Unfortunately, all colors are Stud.io/Bricklink-colors, so they are "MISSING" in LDCad.

Is there an easy way in LDCad to activate an import-filter replacing all Stud.io/Bricklink-colors by LDraw-colors on load or is there a small script to replace colors after loading? If so: does such a script exist already? As far as I understand, especially the -1 and -2 colors need special attention as they map to 16/24 in the LDraw universe.

Thanks for any hint, I'm willing to implement the converting script if this is the way to go and not done yet.

Does it include all parts even official ones?

If so you might have thought it won't be necessary to install the ldraw library at all.

But the library also includes the default color definitions trough LDConfig.ldr

You can fix this by installing the complete.zip library or just LDConfig.ldr and configure it manaully in the "prefs/ldraw/configuration files" menu.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LDCad] open Stud.io-file with correct colors - by Roland Melkert - 2022-03-25, 19:47