LDPE 1.8.54 Beta Released (bugfixes / no Java / new installers)

Sychronisation on selections and part content
(2022-03-03, 18:19)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Honestly I think there could be better sync between the text and 3D editors. Sometime it feels like I'm using two different programs.
- If I select a surface or sub part, I want to see the corresponding line in the other editor automatically (yes I know there's a button). If it's a vertex, the first line that uses that vertex.

Thanks Orion, I created issue #884.

The decoupling is intended, because you can do different tasks with each editor (change the textual representation / change the visual representation).
Also, it is very hard to synchronise the selection info, from a technical point of view.

What I can do easily: When you select something in the text editor, it should be selected in the 3D editor, too.
Is that what you want? I would enable it if "Sync. 3D Editor Tabs with Text Editor" is active.

It is not so clear what should happen...
  • ...if you select multiple items in the 3D editor which are seperated all over the textual representation from the part.
  • ...when you select a fraction of a sub part in the 3D editor?
  • ...when you add an object in the 3D editor (e.g. a triangle, which needs a selection)

It is also difficult if a user wants to look at another places of the text file and gets confused/distracted by the automatic sync between both editors.

Side note: It is currently impossible to visually identify if something belongs to a sub part if everything is coloured with the same colour (usually colour 16).
I know that this is something to improve, but I am not sure what should be the visual difference between part and sub part content.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Mac OS X Feedback - by Nils Schmidt - 2022-02-23, 16:48
RE: Mac OS X Feedback - by Travis Cobbs - 2022-02-23, 18:15
RE: Mac OS X Feedback - by N. W. Perry - 2022-02-23, 21:13
RE: Mac OS X Feedback - by N. W. Perry - 2022-11-20, 22:46
Now it runs on Linux too :) - by Nils Schmidt - 2022-02-26, 19:06
Sychronisation on selections and part content - by Nils Schmidt - 2022-03-04, 18:45
LDPE froze at start - by Nils Schmidt - 2022-03-10, 17:40
RE: LDPE froze at start - by Willy Tschager - 2022-03-15, 9:31