LDPE 1.8.54 Beta Released (bugfixes / no Java / new installers)

RE: Mac OS X Feedback
(2022-02-23, 18:15)Travis Cobbs Wrote: The same thing applies to LDView, but you don't have to use a Terminal workaround. (If you like doing that, then that's fine).

After running the app normally and being told that it cannot run, go to System Preferences, then Security & Privacy. Unlock the page. You should then have the option of whitelisting the app so it runs normally.

I believe you can also right click on the app in Finder and select Open from the popup menu. If you do it this way, you should hopefully be given the opportunity to manually whitelist the app, instead of going through System Preferences.

That is supposed to work (and usually does), but in this case when I follow those steps, that does not occur.

It might be relevant that the error message I get isn't the usual "unidentified developer" complaint that is usually solved by whitelisting, but the more serious "app is damaged and should be moved to the trash" message. Frustratingly, the help page for this issue still gives me the specific advice of whitelisting the app, but the required option never presents itself.

So, I have a little scripter app that will launch the program (already had one for the old .jar file anyway), which takes no longer than opening the app bundle itself. I could also just make an alias of the executable file inside the bundle, I suppose, and open that. So it's no great burden.

As for the quitting issue, I notice that closing the app window, Microsoft-style, seems to quit correctly rather than actually quitting. And if this is solved in later versions of MacOS, I guess I wouldn't worry about it!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Mac OS X Feedback - by Nils Schmidt - 2022-02-23, 16:48
RE: Mac OS X Feedback - by Travis Cobbs - 2022-02-23, 18:15
RE: Mac OS X Feedback - by N. W. Perry - 2022-02-23, 21:13
RE: Mac OS X Feedback - by N. W. Perry - 2022-11-20, 22:46
Now it runs on Linux too :) - by Nils Schmidt - 2022-02-26, 19:06
LDPE froze at start - by Nils Schmidt - 2022-03-10, 17:40
RE: LDPE froze at start - by Willy Tschager - 2022-03-15, 9:31