LDPE 1.8.54 Beta Released (bugfixes / no Java / new installers)

Mac OS X Feedback
(2022-02-23, 15:30)N. W. Perry Wrote: Installed and opened successfully on Mac 10.14.6. My only issue so far is that the program doesn't quit fully—it hangs and I have to force quit.

Also, I'm curious why the .app bundle can't be opened directly? I'm sure there's a reason, maybe having to do with the self-contained Java. Could this also be related to not quitting properly?

On the good news side, the app has so far opened correctly every time—no more of the missing buttons or view panels I used to get! Big Grin

Thanks, I had this problem too (program doesn't quit fully), it disappeared with a newer version of OS X (I am currently on Montery 12.2.1)

The issue with the .app bundle is actually a good security feature from Mac OS.
I am not an offical Apple Developer and not part of the Apple Developer Program.
When I publish the application on Mac OS X, I have to sign it. Then it would possible to open the .app bundle directly.
I can't sign the application, because I do not want to pay for an Apple Developer License .
Therefore you have to do this workaround with the Terminal.

Mac OS X restricts the start of unsigned applications, because that protects you from malware, too.
LDPE is not malware, but it is still unsigned and not verified by Apple.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Mac OS X Feedback - by Nils Schmidt - 2022-02-23, 16:48
RE: Mac OS X Feedback - by Travis Cobbs - 2022-02-23, 18:15
RE: Mac OS X Feedback - by N. W. Perry - 2022-02-23, 21:13
RE: Mac OS X Feedback - by N. W. Perry - 2022-11-20, 22:46
Now it runs on Linux too :) - by Nils Schmidt - 2022-02-26, 19:06
LDPE froze at start - by Nils Schmidt - 2022-03-10, 17:40
RE: LDPE froze at start - by Willy Tschager - 2022-03-15, 9:31