LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-01 v1 now available

RE: LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-01 v1 now available
(2022-02-16, 6:13)tom alphin Wrote: Glad to hear that the feedback was helpful, and could result in less confusion in the next update.  You might want to make the "manual installation" instructions more prominent, and include explicit text about the manual process.

Here's a proposed before and after...

Current text:
Use the LDraw All-In-One-Installer, in short AIOI, if you want a quick and easy way to install LDraw parts library and many of the popular 3rd party tools as well.

The AIOI supports Windows XP (Home and Pro), Windows Vista or higher (all versions). There are two installer files: Use the 64 Bit AIOI to install all the main 64 Bit programs, while the older 32 Bit programs are offered in a separated .exe file. Please note that only the 64 Bit version contains the LDraw Parts Library. If you want to use the 32 Bit programs it is mandatory that the library has been installed previously. The Installer will NOT run on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT Ver 4, 2000, or XP below SP2. If your version of Windows is different, follow the manual install instruction at http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/install-en.html.

Proposed Text:
The LDraw AIOI (All-In-One-Installer) is the easiest way to install the LDraw parts library and many of the popular 3rd party tools on a Windows PC running a modern 64-bit operating system (such as most versions of Windows 7/8/10/11).  A supplemental installer allows you to install those older apps which have not been updated to a 64-bit version.

The AIOI requires the 64-bit edition Windows XP or newer — If you are using an older version of Windows (such as Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, or XP below SP2), or a 32-bit version of a newer version (not common), you will need to follow the manual install instructions at http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/install-en.html.

I updated the text. I'll come up with a naming scheme for the files once I made up my mind about the 32/64 Bit naming issue.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-01 v1 now available - by Willy Tschager - 2022-02-16, 15:28