LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-01 v1 now available

RE: LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-01 v1 now available
(2022-02-09, 8:08)Willy Tschager Wrote: Til 2022-01 the AIOI was 32 Bit only and installed only the 32 Bit version of LDPub, LDCad, LeoCAD.

w.

That explains my confusion perfectly - this is the first time where 64-bit software was included in the AIOI, and thusly the first time where two installers were needed.  I think it's misleading to refer to the 32-bit package as an AIOI since it only installs the supplemental apps.  Further, there doesn't seem to be a need to continue offering a 32-bit installer for the core apps and library, so maybe you don't need to emphasize that any longer.

Here's my suggestion to reduce confusion:
  1. Refer to the 64-bit installer as the "LDraw-AIOI-Installer" and de-emphasize or even remove the 64-bit language.
  2. Refer to the 32-bit installer as the "LDraw-Supplemental-Apps-Installer_(32bit)"

Also, it is not clear what someone who is actually running a 32-bit OS should do.  Is there a page they can go to manually install the core parts library and individual 32-bit apps?  That seems like a sufficient workaround for an increasingly uncommon scenario.  (Technically speaking, even Windows 10 comes in a 32-bit version.)

---tom
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-01 v1 now available - by tom alphin - 2022-02-11, 5:50