LDCad Lua - prompt and wait for selection?

RE: Lua - prompt and wait for selection?
(2021-10-04, 21:45)Roland Melkert Wrote: The 'self contained' thing I was talking about above does allow for an incremental approach, but you would have to 'walk the whole path' upto the current time inside each frame event.

An example of this is shown in the big 8860 animation.

The gear shift portion of that animation needs some of this 'past' information.

I solved it by using 'state data', which is part of the aniTools.luia module.

By clock "tick" unit size I was thinking getting visibility of the value of the clock tick e.g. when running at normal speed I see a unit size of 0.04 seconds and at slow speed a unit size of 0.02 seconds.

At the time I made that suggestion I had needed that for my 4-bar code to cope with an animation starting at other than time frame 0. The currently released code is based on deriving the next position for the parts using the previous position as their starting point. However, I've since reworked the angle computations for each frame to instead work from the known starting position. This does away with the need to know the clock "tick" unit size. Moreover, I think it will allow me to calculate whether the 4 bar assembly is a crossed or uncrossed configuration (still work in progress). But perhaps there are other circumstances where knowing the clock "tick" unit size is worthwhile?

As I'm treating this thread as an opportunity to bounce ideas, here is another thought for your consideration. In the "start" event for an animation, it looks like the frame time is always 0.0. If the interval start is set, could the frame time in the "start" be set to the interval start value? Or perhaps an API defined for ldc.animation to return the interval time frame start and end values?

Regards,

David
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lua - prompt and wait for selection? - by David Manley - 2021-10-06, 21:36