LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)
(2021-07-16, 23:00)Roland Melkert Wrote: Hello all,

I finally picked up working on LDCad 1.7 this week.

The first 1.7 test version is available at
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/nextVer

Please note this is a unfinished potentially unstable version. DO NOT copy it over your existing installation.

New is:

!DATA support
It is fully integrated into the normal way of working, but it might need some additional tweaks based on feedback.

Collada export
This was intended as a blender export, but as I discovered glTF somewhere in the middle it is unfinished and might be removed again later. Unless someone has a good reason to support both glTF and collada.

glTF2 export
This format seems to be the better choice for a blender export workflow.
It is much more complete then the collada export, but still needs alot of work.
I'm very much looking for someone who wants to help me optimize the output for blender import.
It includes texture information, but for some reason blender doesn't use it. I'm still looking into that so if anyone knows more please let me know.

Besides the big features there are numerous tweaks and bug fixes, some of which I forgot to keep track of.

All feedback/bug reports are welcome.

Forgive my ignorance, but is it not possible to install the linux version on mac? I see some threads about using wine and will look into those soon but just had a high level thought about implementation and thought I would ask.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux) - by Cam's Bricks - 2022-03-10, 2:13