LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)
(2021-08-11, 19:05)Roland Melkert Wrote: If you need to use groups multiple times, isn't it better to make a submodel for it?

I will look into the amount of work needed to make a 'group aware' copy function as I can't remember the core problem of why it's currently not included.

Thank you, Roland.

About submodel: The advantage of a group is that it is a quick workaround not affecting the result instructions creation. Submodel also might be a workaround but one must be careful about its side effects for instructions. With submodels, I'll have to mark all their instances as "Take as a part" in lpub3d and still, I believe, they will be mentioned separately in the BOM. I'll probably need set a replacement in PLI (with the same part) for each instance to avoid this - I'm not sure. Really complicated and error prone.

Being able to work with snap objects would be a great improvement. Using them as a part pivot point, telling LDCAD which snap objects to count with only for the next step... (try to place some bigger submodel with PS on: LDCAD computes possible snaps for all MxN bricks. If I could tell him I want to place it JUST to this one point...) What about the version 1.8? You know, you got caught in a trap: as the author of such good ldraw editor you came under "pressure" of its users Smile  I found my request of the feature "to be able to select snap objects as rotation points" from 2016, I even created a video showing the feature usefulness! Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2021-08-12, 11:41