LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)
(2021-08-08, 20:17)Roland Melkert Wrote: It is mainly the way how rendering and model interaction is setup. Editing parts means working with loose vertices etc which demand a different way of selecting as the current engine is line oriented.

I was going to address that in 2.0 but that project has stagnated. It might even need a complete rewrite if and when I pick it up (hence the decision to do a 1.7).

I have been playing with the idea of adding a sticker (and arrow) generator (like the path and spring ones) to 1.7.

This has been suggested before and is on my 'would like to do, but not sure how' list.

In the meantime you can use a static rotation center by 'locking' the current one.

Or make a group and assign a non zero center to it.

Ah, I did not know it's such a big difference for the rendering engine. I said I did not know enough about part editing Smile  So, for now, the sticker generator would be a good step forward. Just to be able to use the stored !DATA pattern in LDCAD GUI, interactively. It's a difference, to be able to move and rotate a sticker in graphical interface of LDCAD or compute the sticker transformation matrix Smile

About the part rotation center: thanks a lot for your fair answer. For now, I use groups as you suggested. I don't know to use static rotation center in practice, it always bites me, sooner or later Smile Groups work well and they are also persistent, even trough LDCAD restart or file reload. On the other hand, the problem with groups is that they cannot be copied with this rotation center information kept. Neither Ins nor ctrl-C – ctrl-V saves this information. Is there another way to make a copy of a group with this info kept?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2021-08-09, 10:51