LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)
Thank you for the clarification, Roland.

(2021-08-03, 21:55)Roland Melkert Wrote: !DATA was mostly invented to include the textures of unofficial parts in a (omr) MPD
It has been added to the embed features and there is a new session kind which only accepts png images.
I do not understand this one - what is the prefered way of adding a bitmap texture to a part? TEXMAP or !DATA ? And do they both support png?

I tried TEXMAP, using your helper script generating stickers and merged the result at proper place on the part (without sticker thickness, of course). This works but I cannot compare it with !DATA because I did not find any useful tutorial about it. Is it a worth, BTW? Isn't TEXMAP the current way of doing this?

(2021-08-03, 21:55)Roland Melkert Wrote: I always thought there aren't enough colors to mandate a search box, given the amount of space it takes. But with the recent new colors that might need some reconsidering.
Sure, it's a question. My idea was to be able to type the key-part of the name to get very limited list quickly. Instead of typing "Red" and trying many similar colors one by one, type i.e. "sand" and see the answer quickly. Or if you do not know that pearl colors are among metalic ones,simply type "pearl" etc.

On the other hand, the real Solid colors take 3 wheels, without dithered ones. Not that bad... So, anyway, what about  moving dithered colors out of Solid colors, creating new category (like metalic, transparent etc. are).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2021-08-04, 10:15