Rubber arrow helper and more arrows

Rubber arrow helper and more arrows
Hi.

While preparing new instructions for one customer I found a rubber arrow helper really needed. So I created one and want to let anyone use it.
I got an inspiration from the arrow helper thread and holly-wood.it and Technic Flex Cable - so you can see I'm _not_ experienced with these LDCAD meta commands. Please, check if this is correct way how to create such arrow. What I see in LDCAD is that sometimes a gap between the end segment and a rest of arrow appears, for shorter arrows one need to shorten the "tension" of path points. Otherwise it looks good, as far as I can see. What do you think?

Then, what about to cooperate on creation of one section of arrow helpers together? So far, I found:

* straight arrows of different lengths by Willy Tschager
* arrows for rotations etc. by Jaco van der Molen
* this rubber one by me

My idea is to create a simple zip archive with all these together (including donor files etc.) and LDCAD partBin definition so anyone can find and use arrows easily: in LDCAD and, later, in LPUB3D.
In following LDCAD releases this could be a part of LDCAD distribution as another helper files.

What do you think? Willy, Jaco, Roland?

So far, I use this partBin definition, in templates subdir:

Code:
  [options]
  kind=filter
  caption=Arrows

description=Misc arrow helpers
  picture=
  mascot=path\a1.ldr
  id=40

sortOn=description
  sortDesc=false
  sortCaseInSens=true
  sourceInv=template

<rules>
  include keyword arrow                                                                                 

Attached Files
.ldr   arrow.ldr (Size: 1.07 KB / Downloads: 7)
.dat   arrow_body.dat (Size: 294 bytes / Downloads: 7)
.dat   arrow_tip.dat (Size: 422 bytes / Downloads: 6)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Rubber arrow helper and more arrows - by Milan Vančura - 2021-07-13, 11:40