Volunteer to update the "Get started/Mac" page wanted.

RE: Volunteer to update the "Get started/Mac" page wanted.
(2021-03-30, 16:59)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Like NW Perry I don’t have experience with Leocad but I do own a Mac.
And a Ubuntu laptop for that matter.

I too can give it a try, perhaps with NW?
I will install it and try for sure.
What are you looking for in a getting started? Downloading and setting up and making a first model?

I never got LDCad to work in Wine on my Mac. All I got running was the GUI. No parts or other bins.
I think I managed to open a model, but got all kind of errors and false rendering.

I got mine working pretty easily, for some reason. The only thing I had to do was install some system fonts (a known issue that I think is documented here somewhere).

Wine officially does not work for Catalina or beyond, but I believe there are some unofficial solutions for 64-bit applications only. I haven't tried any of that yet, however.

Basically, there seem to be three levels of using LDraw on the Mac:
1. Native applications like LeoCAD, LDView and Studio (with the big asterisk that it's not a true LDraw application)
2. Programs that run inside an environment, like LDPE (with some bumps in the road)
3. Windows-only programs that run under Wine, like LDCad and most of the smaller utilities (but without polling and other inter-app functionality)

And then there are some programs that just don't seem to work.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Volunteer to update the "Get started/Mac" page wanted. - by N. W. Perry - 2021-03-30, 17:41