Part file naming issues

Part file naming issues
I'm working on a part database that contains various metadata collected from the official LDraw library files and am having troubles with applying the file naming conventions. Specifically, some parts in the library have names that do not seem to conform to the part number spec.

For example, the library has parts 003497g and 003497h, but the spec states that the part variants should be sequenced chronologically starting with the variant 'a', which is obviously not the case for this part. The same is true for some other parts, too.

Next, there are parts 10715pNN, which, according to the spec, should be patterned versions of part 10715, but in fact these are not even patterned parts in the first place, and also the library contains no part 10715. Again, the same is true for some other parts in the library.

Similarly, there are parts 25866c01 and 25866c02, which, according to the spec, should be shortcut assemblies of part 25866 that doesn't exist. And once again, the same is true for other parts as well.

Overall, I stumbled upon 65 questionable cases. Not too many, I know, but some of them are related to parts added to the library in the latest update, which might indicate that there is a problem that could affect future updates, too.

Am I missing something in the spec document or not all library file names are actually strictly following the spec rules?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Part file naming issues - by Denis - 2021-02-05, 12:05
RE: Part file naming issues - by Denis - 2021-02-05, 14:06
RE: Part file naming issues - by Denis - 2021-02-05, 17:29