Viewing available part count

RE: Viewing available part count
(2020-09-14, 19:34)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I'm confused on what you're looking for. Do you want:
1) Only the parts in a MOC/custom model?
2) Only the parts in an official set
3) Only the parts in a custom part list (which is really just #1 restated)

All of these things are possible in one way or another.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. And all 3 of those seem the essentially the same to me.

I'd the part bin to only show the parts in a custom part list. And I'd like to be able to use the existing part bin hierarchy (main -> sorted -> basic bricks, etc) to find those parts.

For example, I own 31003.

On Rebrickable I added the parts to a custom list. I then exported the part list to PBG.  I placed that file in:
    user\AppData\Roaming\LDCad\partBin\default\sets

(If there is a better/easier way I'd like to know)

Now in LDCad I see my set in the part bin under the "Lego Sets" hierarchy of the tree.

My current question is about seeing those parts in the other branches of the parts bin hierarchy. I would still like to search for parts by type (bricks, plates, etc) as I currently can with the full part list. So I'd like to filter the results to only the parts in my set. (which could have come from an official set, MOC, or a custom part list).

I understand I could fill in a text filter while viewing my set. And I suppose I could duplicate that using multiple windows with different text filters, but I'm hoping that's not the solution.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Viewing available part count - by Darin - 2020-09-14, 5:47
RE: Viewing available part count - by Darin - 2020-09-14, 18:40
RE: Viewing available part count - by Darin - 2020-09-14, 20:17
RE: Viewing available part count - by Darin - 2020-09-14, 22:17